Why is it that we always want what we don't have....If you have naturally curly / wavy hair you want to straighten it to control the frizz and if your hair is poker straight you want to curl it. But Naturally Curly hair is envied because it creates a natural frame around the face, which gives a sensual effect.
What are the Best Curly Girl Hair Products for Defined Frizz Free Curls?
Managing curly hair is not easy. Continuous care and attention is required to avoid frizz and obtain a defined and elastic curls.
Managing curly hair: No more traditional shampoo: only sulfate-free products!
Yes, the right product makes the difference. The traditional shampoo, the one that makes the foam, to be clear: it contains sodium lauryl sulphate ( sodium lauryl sulphate - SLS ), a surfactant that combines with the fat particles and removes them at the time of rinsing. Use a gentle, low-foaming, sulphate-free shampoo when possible and wash hair infrequently so you don't rob it of essential oils. With Alfaparf Milano Semi Di Lino Curls Enhancing Low Shampoo your curls will be left more nourished and hydrated than ever before.
Keep Curls Hydrated with Leave in conditioner:
for this reason it is necessary to always use a good moisturizing conditioner, which as a type almost approaches a mask, to nourish the hair in depth. Apply on the Tips not the roots.
Conditioning those curls is crucial, so invest in a super-hydrating conditioner or leave-in conditioner to get every inch of hair nourished and hydrated. Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Curl Enhancing Conditioner 200ml is a sulphate free hair mask designed to enhance curls volume and definition. Its gentle formula hydrates, and softens the hair, leaving it detangled and frizz-free. Vegan and Cruelty-free.
Curly Hair needs A weekly hair mask
To strengthen and repair those fragile curly strands. Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Curl Enhancing Hair Mask 200ml is a sulphate free hair mask designed to enhance curls volume and definition.
When it comes to styling your curly hair, you'll want a lightweight cream or gel-oil that combats frizz, that won’t weigh hair down and leaves it looking shiny. Olaplex No.7 Bonding Oil -30ml
How often should you wash curly hair?
Every 3-4 days is more than enough, because frizzy hair, unlike straight hair, does not adhere to the scalp and does not feed on the oils of the skin. Washing curls more often would only mean making them frizzy and dry.
How to get rid of frizz from curly hair?
Humidity and Frizz are very difficult to manage when you have curls.
Committing to a haircare routine is a must for dry and frizzy hair. In addition to applying Leave in conditioner and using a diffuser to dry the hair.... the following steps are recommended:
- Don't wash your curly hair too often..... it is not a good idea to wash curly hair more than twice a week, so that you do not to eliminate the natural grease from the hair that keeps it soft.
- Do Style your curls with damp hair.... Only dry them to a certain extent before styling, so you don't overdry them when you create your hairstyle.
- Dont Blowdry your hair at high temperature.... if you blow your hair too hot it will dry out and immediately become frizzy.
- Do Keep Curly hair moisturized... Curly hair is further away from the scalp than straight hair, so it doesn't benefit from the skin's natural grease to stay hydrated. To overcome this problem, the best strategy is to use a hair mask once a week
- Choose silk for your sheets : silk is a more slippery fabric than cotton, which absorbs a lot of the moisture in your hair. You will see that by using a silk pillowcase you will wake up with less dry hair, and with a certain style!
- If you do get caught up in the rain, do this: collect your hair in a well-combed bun , while it slowly dries, creating natural star waves!
What is the co-washing technique for curly / wavy hair?
It is an alternative method to washing with shampoo , which involves the use of special conditioners to rejuvenate curly hair damaged by too frequent washing.
The main goal on co-washing is to reduce stress and damage to curls.
The result is not immediate. Rejuvenated curls will be clearly noticeable after a few weeks.
What is the Reverse shampoo method for washing curly hair?
Apply conditioner to wet curly hair to soften and hydrate curls. After 5 minutes curly hair can be combed through. There is less damage to curls. Rinse and follow with gentle massage of shampoo to roots and scalp taking care not to recreate the knots. This technique is great for reducing that weighed down effect on thin / greasy prone hair.
Is it best to style curls when hair is wet / dry?
The best time to take care of styling is when the hair is still wet, still dripping with water, not even towel-dried.
Use Hair products that Define curls according to your type of curl: Sprays are more effective for wavy hair. Use hair gels for medium curls. Hair creams are best for the curliest curls.
What is the plopping technique for drying curly hair?
Air drying curls is best to maintaining definition and elasticity of the hair. But in the winter
In winter, you can then dab your hair with a microfiber cloth and proceed with drying with a hairdryer, equipped with a diffuser / an ionizer. Dry curly hair upside down, to preserve the volume of the hair. Queue the Plopping technique a midway through the drying process. Dab some leave in conditioner to curls.To speed up drying without subjecting the hair to the heat of the hairdryer. Collect hair in a cotton t-shirt and make it into a turban. Fasten the t-shirt at the nape of the neck with the sleeves.When hair is dry curls will be soft defined and frizz free.
How can I make my curls more defined?
There are a few things you can do to get rid of the frizz and get well defined curls.First, make sure you keep your hair well-moisturised / hydrated. Curls that are too dry will never achieve the same definition than well moisturised ones. Use a regular hydrating treatment or masque, once or twice a week. To obtain Defined Curls use a hair mousse on already dry hair, roll large locks on curlers, pass them for a few minutes with the hairdryer and then shape them with your fingers.
Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Curl Enhancing Hair Mask is a sulphate free hair mask designed to enhance curls volume and definition. Its gentle formula cleanses, hydrates, and softens the hair, leaving it detangled and frizz-free. Vegan and Cruelty-free. Manketti Oil-Nourishes and hydrates the hair fiber. Combine this hair mask with the Alfaparf Semi Di Lino Curl Enhancing Low Shampoo your curls will be left more nourished and hydrated than ever before
Another tip is to start styling your curls while they are still wet straight after you had a shower. Start with a leave-in conditioner to control your hair and seal in moisture before you begin the rest of the styling process.
Finally, make sure you use a diffuser when drying your hair. It can help even out your curl pattern and boost the volume of heavy curls, giving more body to your hair.
Olaplex-no.7 bonding hair Loved by the Kardashians, and just about every celebrity hairdresser. Olaplex-no. 7 bonding oil is a curly-hair must-have.This concentrated golden oil repairs broken bonds but also maintains any frizz or stray hairs, leaving your hair soft and well-tamed at all times.
What is the Curly Girl Method?
- Once the hair structure has been fixed, it is time for the last wash : yes, the last hair wash with the usual shampoo and then finally abandon it. But be careful: it must contain sulphates but not silicones
- At this point, apply a repairing product , helping your hair to regenerate; try Olpaplex no. 3 restructuring mask free of silicones, sulphates, phthalates, DEA, aldehydes, gluten, drying alcohol and wax. It is an excellent cure for damaged hair
- From the next time, wash your hair with the co-washing method , which consists of using the conditioner (always free of silicones, parabens and alcohol) instead of the shampoo.